Trusted Pet Care Professionals
At Ponderosa Pet Resort, we know that you have choices in who you choose for pet care. We take great pride in the amount of training our staff goes through. We are more than just “dog lovers.” Our staff is trained in understanding animal behavior, managing play and social groups, recognizing medical issues in pets, how to administer medicines, excellent customer service and so much more. Our clients, both human and pet, have come to trust our standards of care and engagement while they are guests of our facility!
Dogs from Shelters, Rescues or Fosters:
As a reminder, Ponderosa Pet Resort will not board ANY dog that has been adopted, fostered, rescued, etc. for a period of 3-4 weeks from acquiring the pet full time AND the pet MUST have been seen by a veterinarian to confirm the pet is healthy and disease free. This is to ensure the health of the pet AS WELL as the health of other pet guests at our facility.
We support the shelters in every way and appreciate their hard work in a difficult situation. The 3-4 week waiting period is a policy that allows enough time for any illness to display itself and for your pet to receive treatment. Quite simply, dogs in a shelter or foster situation have unknown health history and we want to ensure that all of our guests are happy and healthy.
All pets that attend Day Care, Boarding, or any other function held at Ponderosa Pet Resort are required to have the following dog vaccinations or cat vaccinations.
Rabies, DHAPP and Bordetella (Kennel Cough). Any dog arriving in our facility must be fully vaccinated and in good health. It is the owner’s responsibility to provide us with a copy of your pet’s most recent, updated vaccine report from you Vet.
You can always have the vet fax us at 512-532-0309 or they can email the records to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do everything within our power to make sure your pet is healthy and well cared for while he/she is staying with us. For this to happen, we need your help. For the health of ALL of our boarding guests, please make sure your pet is healthy and in good shape prior to boarding. Be very aware of behavior and/or symptoms your pet may be showing such as:
A cough of ANY kind
Any eye discharge
Unexplained weight loss
Unexplained lethargy (tiredness)
By being aware of these things, you can help to prevent illnesses from entering our facility and making the overall experience of your pet’s stay with us more enjoyable. A dog that may be feeling ill can become greatly compromised when boarding.
We do allow dogs on medication and we will gladly administer your pet’s medicine while here. If your pet is on ANY medicine serious enough to affect its health and/or life, we may ask that you board at a Veterinary Boarding Facility for the safety and well-being of your pet and the on-site ability to deal with life-threatening situations.
We reserve the right to refuse boarding if a pre-existing medical condition(s) could compromise the health of your dog.
Terms of Service
By leaving/bringing your pet to Ponderosa Pet Resort for any of our services, you are agreeing to our Terms of Service. It is important that you read this agreement as it will contain important information that you’ll need to know. If you would like a hard copy, simply ask staff. Should you have any questions, please contact us PRIOR to your arrival date.
PONDEROSA PET RESORT – TERMS OF SERVICE
All pets entering our facility WILL BE required to have all vaccinations. Dogs need Rabies, DHAPP and Kennel Cough. Cats need Rabies and Feline Leukemia vaccines. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have these on file. Any willful misrepresentation of vaccine coverage will be grounds for immediate removal from our facility.
Ponderosa Pet Resort herein referred to as PPR reserves the right to immediately change your pet’s type of boarding / daycare if we believe it is necessary to protect the health and well-being of your pet, other pets, or a staff member.
All animals must be on a flea/tick preventative upon entering the facility. If your pet is found to have fleas, he/she will be treated at your expense. The expense for this will be $15.
There is a $6 per day charge for your pet to be fed “in-house” food. We highly encourage you to bring food that your pet is currently on. This will prevent a change in diet and the possible upset stomach and digestive system fallout that is common when switching foods.
Pet owner understands the risks involved with communal boarding of dogs. Our boarding and daycare dogs play in the yard and inside with other dogs. Although we will offer utmost care, the unpredictable nature of dogs can sometimes lead to injuries.
Pet owner understands that Ponderosa Pet Resort’s liability, of any circumstance related to the dog, will not exceed the current value of a pet of the same breed as the one in our care. PPR will do everything possible to ensure a safe environment for your pet while staying with us.
Should your pet require medical attention, you will be notified and the pet will be treated at your discretion. If an emergency should arise, then we will take immediate steps to have your pet treated. By leaving your pet here, you authorize Ponderosa Pet Resort to admit your pet on your behalf to a Vet chosen by PPR Staff. All expenses related to your pet will be the responsibility of the owner.
Boarding charges are incurred on a per night basis. Your pet must be picked up by 12:00 Noon Monday – Friday. If after 12:00 Noon but before 6:30 PM you will be charged a LATE CHECK-OUT FEE of $20. Sunday is a premium day for pick-ups and there will be an additional fee of $20 per dog checking out on Sunday.
BY LEAVING YOUR PET WITH PONDEROSA PET RESORT
1) You indicate your agreement with all of the terms stated herein.
2) You acknowledge the risks of communal boarding. Dogs playing together in playgroups can sometimes result in injuries or spreading of such illnesses as Canine Cough (Kennel Cough) or other spreadable illnesses.
3) You authorize Ponderosa Pet Resort to obtain medical and vaccination records for your pet from the Veterinarian listed and you hereby authorize your Vet to provide these records to PPR.
4) You release, indemnify and hold Ponderosa Pet Resort harmless from any and all manner of damages, claims, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses, causes of action or suits, whatsoever in law or equity (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees and related costs) arising out of or related to the services provided by PPR, except which may arise from the sole gross negligence or intentional and willful misconduct of PPR, including, without limitation: (1) any inaccuracy in any statement made by yourself or information provided by you to PPR (2) your dog, including but not limited to destruction of property, dog bites and transmission of disease, and (3) any action by yourself which is in breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
5) This agreement covers the current relationship between PPR and yourself. Each time you bring your pet to PPR, you affirm the terms of the agreement and the truthfulness and accuracy of all statements you make in the agreement.